Denver Misdemeanor Attorneys
A misdemeanor charge can have long-ranging and life-altering implications. These criminal charges can pose a threat to landing gainful employment and take a toll on your financial well-being. If you’re facing misdemeanor charges in Colorado, you need help from an experienced law firm. The Denver misdemeanor attorneys at Varner Faddis Elite Legal, LLC can help you create a robust defense for the charges against you.
- Our criminal defense firm is results-oriented and we put our focus where it’s most important – on you, the client. Each case we take on gets the care and attention to detail it requires. To us, you’re more than just a case number on a docket – you’re a person, and your story matters to us.
- We pride ourselves on keeping the lines of communication open. We answer all phone calls promptly and respond to any questions you have along the way. From your first meeting with us, we make sure you understand all your options and the steps that come next.
- When you stand accused of a crime and need a lawyer, this can be unfamiliar and stressful territory. We understand how scary this can be and we can help you navigate the legal landscape ahead.
Why Do You Need a Defense Attorney?
Nearly any criminal charge—including a misdemeanor—carries the risk of potential jail time and fines, and could negatively impact on your personal and professional reputation and ability to secure gainful employment in your chosen field. If you are facing charges, that means the government has already conducted its investigation and gathered evidence against you. In order to level the playing field, you need a skilled and experienced criminal defense attorney on your side to conduct defense investigation, explain the potential penalties, assess the strength of the government’s case, pursue valuable mitigation information, negotiate with the prosecutor, protect your rights, and identify and assert all applicable defenses. Founding Partner Eric J. Faddis has handled thousands of criminal cases both as a prosecutor and defense attorney, and the legal team at Varner Faddis Elite Legal, LLC can help ensure that you get the best outcome possible in your case.
Misdemeanor crimes come in many different types and encompass a large variety of offenses. Some of the most common misdemeanor crimes in Colorado include:
- Possession of certain types of illicit drugs
- Petty theft
- Criminal Mischief
Consequences of Misdemeanors in Denver, CO
Generally, the consequences of misdemeanors are less severe than those of felonies. However, they can still carry sentences of jail time and fines:
- A Class 1 misdemeanor is the most serious and generally can carry a term of imprisonment up to 18 months and fines up to $5,000—unless it is an extraordinary risk crime, which carries up to 24 months in jail.
- Class 2 misdemeanors can carry terms of jail time up to 12 months and fines up to $1,000.
- Class 3 misdemeanors are the least serious and carry punishments up to 6 months imprisonment and fines up to $750.
Even so-called minor crimes can have serious and long-term consequences. Though misdemeanors may not always carry jail time, even the least serious classifications of misdemeanor have that possibility.
Unfortunately, many people who face charges of misdemeanors do not understand the full implications of a conviction. Even if a defendant manages to avoid jail time, a criminal conviction can cause serious financial consequences and even affect a person’s ability to get a job. No criminal charge is “minor;” all require the experience and knowledge of a criminal defense attorney. A lawyer with criminal defense law experience can move for lesser sentencing, plead to a lesser charge, and advocate to keep a conviction off your record if possible.
Contact Our Law Firm Today
If you are currently facing charges for a misdemeanor in Denver, CO, you need the help of a defense lawyer. The attorneys at Varner Faddis Elite Legal, LLC can help by preparing an effective defense for your case and keeping you informed throughout the process. To schedule a free strategic review of your legal options, contact us today.
6025 South Quebec St.
Centennial, CO 80111